Changeling Aspects


About Us

Contact Us


Kathys Writings

Best Info-WebSites



For Parents of Gender-Variant Young

Life Stories



Support Groups



Brochures and PDFs

What's New - This Month

Google Custom Search

World Environment Sites

Books and Movies

On-Line TS Forums

General Services

Additional Links


Main Links Pages

For Questioning Young

For Parents of Gender-Variant Young

Support Groups

Women's Issues

Brochures and PDFs

On-Line Forums

Additional Links of Interest

General Service Links

Links from Synopsis of Transsexualism

Links from TranssexualRoadMap

International Links from TranssexualRoadMap

GenderBridge -NZ    A Great Site with a Vast Amount of Info.. See their "Resource" section.




Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Counsellors

Surgeons in Australia

Surgeons in Thailand

Other Medical Stuff

Hair Removal & Facial Rejuvenation Etc






Queensland Police Service LGBTI Liaison


Australia's Internet Safety Advisory Body


TS Problems outside of UK

 Monday, June 19, 2006 4:53 PM

----- Original Message -----

From: Kitty Butler

To: Kathy Noble

Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 4:53 PM

Subject: Re: TS Problems outside of UK

Hi Kathy,

 I just wanted to let you know that I have written to all three of the people you gave me contact details for.  The letter I sent is at the bottom of this email.

If you are post op then you should be able to apply via the court in WA for a court order which will allow you to apply under the Overseas track, with no reports needed.

 Unfortunately I am not, and will not be able to afford that for a very long time.

 Let me know if there is any thing else that you need to know.

 I was wondering how many other people you know of in this situation?  I don't know anyone in Perth (or anywhere else for that matter) other than you who is having this problem.



  My letter:

 I write to ask for your assistance in obtaining a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC) from the Gender Recognition Panel (GRP).

 As you may be aware, the GRP has recently changed its policy regarding the medical practitioners that are able to provide evidence to the Panel.  The Panel now insist that all medical reports must be supplied by practitioners registered with the General Medical Council (GMC).  Furthermore, in the case of applications made under the standard track, one report must be made by a specialist.  The GRP require that this specialist be on their list of approved doctors.  Unfortunately, all of the doctors on this list are located in the United Kingdom.

 I was born in the United Kingdom, but also hold Australian citizenship and live in Australia.  I am a transsexual woman, and am eligible to apply for a GRC.  As part of my gender transition, I have been treated by an Australian endocrinologist, psychiatrist and general practitioner.  The GRP has informed me that they will not accept evidence from my doctors for the reasons outlined above.  Whilst it may be possible for me to locate a GP in Australia who maintains GMC registration, I am unlikely to find a GMC-registered specialist practising in this area, and in any case the specialist will not be on the list of approved doctors maintained by the GRP.

 I have not yet finished studying at university and I cannot afford to return to the UK.  In any case, this seems very impractical.  I thought that I might be able to get a UK specialist to confirm the reports that my doctors have supplied.  I tried writing to Dr Richard Curtis (an approved specialist) and he was initially hopeful that this could be done.  However, I have since received an email from his office stating: “We have just received some medico legal advice concerning GRC medical reports for those living abroad.  Unfortunately, based on this advice Dr Curtis will not be able to formulate a medical report for you”.  I am now uncertain as to how I will be able to obtain a GRC. 

 I write to ask for your assistance regarding the policy of the GRP.  Would it be possible for the GRP to accept reports from doctors registered with the Australian equivalent of the GMC, and also for the GRP to add some Australian specialists to their approved list?

 I thank you for your consideration of this matter, and look forward to your reply.

Changeling AspectsIn affiliation with Agender-(Aust) & Transbridge-(Townsville)

We are based in South East Qld, in Australia About Us  ... Contact Us    ( Most Art above are extracts from the Art of Maxfield Parrish© )

  ALL "WebSites &/or Links" contain additional Links to further "WebSites".   It is important to learn everything you can! But, Not all information is useful or validated, so use your own judgement.

Websites around the world are changing every day, so please let us know if there are any broken 'links' on our site. 

This Website Created ...... Saturday, 20. May 2006

Last Updated: Tuesday, 22. January 2008

Visitors since... Saturday, 20. May 2006 

Hit Counter

What a Wonderful World