Changeling Aspects


About Us

Contact Us


Kathys Writings

Best Info-WebSites



For Parents of Gender-Variant Young

Life Stories



Support Groups



Brochures and PDFs

What's New - This Month

Google Custom Search

World Environment Sites

Books and Movies

On-Line TS Forums

General Services

Additional Links


Main Links Pages

For Questioning Young

For Parents of Gender-Variant Young

Support Groups

Women's Issues

Brochures and PDFs

On-Line Forums

Additional Links of Interest

General Service Links

Links from Synopsis of Transsexualism

Links from TranssexualRoadMap

International Links from TranssexualRoadMap

GenderBridge -NZ    A Great Site with a Vast Amount of Info.. See their "Resource" section.




Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Counsellors

Surgeons in Australia

Surgeons in Thailand

Other Medical Stuff

Hair Removal & Facial Rejuvenation Etc






Queensland Police Service LGBTI Liaison


Australia's Internet Safety Advisory Body




From: Kathy Noble

Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 2:49 PM

To: ''

Subject: Information


Can you please tell me where I can find the information on “Change of Name and Sex?”

Thank you, as we are trying to put this together under the changed ruling from July 2005 that means we now have to send in an amended Birth Certificate (BC) after Sex Re-assignment Surgery (SRS) along with Surgeons letter, Change of Name via BDM, Photo, Fee and Application form.

This was not known until recently, and as many who were born in UK can now amend their BC, we need to know what to do if they are Australian citizens, or not.

I also understand that we can obtain a “Temporary Validity Passport, if going off shore to check out facilities” Is this correct?

Love and Peace,

Kathy Anne Noble

President of Changeling Aspects.

Reply from Brisbane Passports Office - May 2002 -- ( 130 KB )

-----Original Message-----

From: -  On Behalf Of:

Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 11:57 AM


Subject: Re: Fw: Information [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]


Ms Noble

Thank you for your eMail of 16 April 2007.

Under  section  8  of  the  Australian  Passports  Act 2005 (the 'Act') the Minister  must  be  satisfied as to the person's Australian citizenship and identity  before issuing an Australian passport.  The Department of Foreign Affairs  and  Trade (the Department) has developed processes to ensure that this  requirement  under the Act is met to ensure that Australian passports are  issued only to eligible people.  Applicants need to provide supporting documentation  of  either a full Australian birth certificate or Australian citizenship  certificate  as  proof  of  their Australian  citizenship and personal  details.   If  the applicant's personal details have been amended such  as  a change  of  name  or  sex change following gender reassignment surgery  the  passport  application should be supported by an amended birth certificate from State Registrars of Births, Deaths and Marriages (RBDM).

The  legal  recognition  of  the  sex  of transgender people is primarily a matter for the States and Territories in Australia, as they are responsible for maintaining their respective Registrars of Births, Deaths and Marriages (RBDM).   People  born  in Australia who have undergone gender reassignment surgery  and  apply  for a full validity passport to be issued in their new gender  are  therefore  required  by the Department to provide a full birth certificate  from  the  relevant  RBDM  recording  their reassigned gender.

Those  born  overseas  and  do  not have access to the Registrar of Births, Deaths  and Marriages may provide a medical certificate from two registered medical  practitioners confirming they have undergone reassignment surgery.

In  all  cases the issue of an Australian passport in the reassigned gender must be consistent with legal requirements in Australia.

Applicants  who  do  not  meet  these  requirements  may  be eligible for a Document  of  Identity  (DOI)  with  a  limited  validity  that  includes a photograph of the bearer and can include a change of name (a change of name certificate  can  be obtained from a RBDM) but does not record the bearer's sex.   The  DOI  would  enable  transgender  people  to  travel overseas if required.   The DOI is accepted by most countries provided the bearer meets the  entry  and  visa requirements of the country.  We suggest that the DOI bearer  should  contact  the  embassy  or consulate of the country prior to departure.

The Department will continue to monitor the State and Territory policies on this issue and review our guidelines accordingly.


Watch Office

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade


Tel:   +61 (0)2 6261 1165

Fax:  +61 (0)2 6261 3204


Changeling AspectsIn affiliation with Agender-(Aust) & Transbridge-(Townsville)

We are based in South East Qld, in Australia About Us  ... Contact Us    ( Most Art above are extracts from the Art of Maxfield Parrish© )

  ALL "WebSites &/or Links" contain additional Links to further "WebSites".   It is important to learn everything you can! But, Not all information is useful or validated, so use your own judgement.

Websites around the world are changing every day, so please let us know if there are any broken 'links' on our site. 

This Website Created ...... Saturday, 20. May 2006

Last Updated: Tuesday, 22. January 2008

Visitors since... Saturday, 20. May 2006 

Hit Counter

What a Wonderful World